Covid-19 Office Protocols
As of April 29th, 2020, the new Alameda County shelter-in-place order has considered routine eye exams an essential service, thus allowing us to resume normal operations with the implementation of new protocols.
The safety of our patients, staff and doctor’s are our priority. We have implemented new protocols as recommended by the guidelines set by CDC, OSHA, and Alameda County Department of Public Health.
- All patient visits are now by appointment only including all optical services as we will be enhancing our disinfecting procedures. Our doors are locked, and we will not be allowing any patients without an appointment.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive information via email to complete any documents that need to be updated. If you are a new patient, you will receive new patient forms. Please complete the forms and send us a copy via email or bring a printed copy to your appointment.
- You are required to wear a mask that is compliant with the county’s order for entry and during your entire visit. Masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable.
- Please arrive alone without any guests or family members. If the patient is a minor, they must be accompanied by one parent or a guardian.
- When you arrive please wait in your car and call or text our office at (510)274-5135 to inform us and a staff member will start the check-in process when ready.
- Your temperature will be measured with a contactless thermometer as soon as you arrive, and you will be required to wash your hands with soap and water. Please do not wear gloves to the office.
- A staff member will assist you throughout your optical experience. We ask that you show us the eyewear you are interested in and allow the staff member to physically pull it for you to touch and try on. All frames that we work with during your experience will then be sterilized.
We understand that the new protocol will change your experience at our office. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time as we all learn the new way of life.